ASSISTANT - TRAVEL SALES
Are you a team player that’s looking to grow your travel career with the best in the business?
Rollinglobe is seeking experienced and entry-level assistants to support our travel agents worldwide.
Our team is growing rapidly and we are in need of customer service and sales support professionals to help us meet the demands of our clientele. We provide you with the tools, training, and preferred partner relationships you need to succeed. You are responsible for assisting our senior travel agents in curating the most memorable experiences in the world, building new business, and managing any and all travel requests for our clients.
• Assist senior travel agents in prospecting and developing new and existing clients
• Provide travel assistance and concierge-like service to clients, including booking airfare, hotels, cruises, activities, tours, transportation, reservations, etc.
• Confirm availability and pricing in a prompt and organized manner
• Leverage preferred partners to ensure the best rates and amenities for clients
• Constantly study and learn new destinations and suppliers, including attending educational events and webinars and completing certified destination training
Assist in processing bookings and documentation, including itineraries, tickets, and visas
• Perform basic clerical work, as needed by your travel agent and/or agency
This position is perfect for aspiring travel agent with previous travel sales experience, customer service professionals dedicated to excellence and constant learning, or simply determined and hard working individuals that are looking to break into the world of international travel!
• Extensive personal travel experience or time lived abroad
• Excellent customer orientation and professional communication skills
• Strong organizational skills for maintaining complex records and itineraries
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, CRM, PowerPoint and Outlook
• CTA/CTC/CTIE preferred
• Previous travel sales experience with deep destination and supplier knowledge preferred
• Experience with Sabre or similar Global Distribution Systems (GDS) preferred
• Positive, tenacious attitude and a willingness to constantly learn
We offer a flexible work environment and compensation, with full-time (salaried) and independent contractor (commission-only, remote) roles available throughout the US. Leads may be provided, especially for candidates just getting started, but our preference is that you will be able to build your own book of business or bring an existing clientele with you.
Our competitive compensation plans include a combination of salary and/or commission, depending on experience and selected roles. Our assistants and agents also enjoy IATAN affiliation and access to free travel opportunities, industry rates, and preferred supplier benefits.